Colin reflects on his experiences as a student teacher of secondary mathematics

Friday 24 October 2008

Welcome

As the first post... this is pretty much just a placeholder. However, the intention is that this blog will expand into an online journal and reflection on my experiences as a student teacher. I'll post up some more about my background later which may help to explain a little about where I'm coming from (I'm at the mature end of the continuum of student teachers, to put it euphemistically).
The idea is that this blog will be a reflective companion to this one, which I will use to build up both a record of the lessons I have taught and links to handy resources. This is also intended as a resource and reference point for the classes which I will attempt to teach - hence the separation of this reflective bit from the classroom-focussed blog.

2 comments:

David said...

Good blog name... although I'm ashamed to admit it took me a while to get it. :-)

I like the look of your class blog and hope to see both develop. Only problem might be school site blocking policies. Hopefully you will be able to see the blogs and content in school but unfortunately, many local authorities put a blanket ban on Blogger and even more restrict YouTube. :-(

Col said...

Thanks for those kind words, David. I have switched the lesson blog to edublogs, which I hope will get through the filters. I'm not planning on using it without permission from my PT anyway. This one is not intended to be visible to all and sundry anyway, so I don't mind if it isn't visible in school.